Emily Post has been keeping us proper at the table for years. Here is her top 10 table manners to remember next time you gather around to feast!1. Chew with your mouth closed.
2. Avoid slurping, smacking, and blowing your nose.
3. Don’t use your utensils like a shovel or as if you’ve just stabbed the food you’re about to eat.
4. Don’t pick your teeth at the table.
5. Remember to use your napkin at all times.
6. Wait until you’re done chewing to sip or swallow a drink. (The exception is if you’re choking.)
7. Cut only one piece of food at a time.
8. Avoid slouching and don’t place your elbows on the table while eating (though it is okay to prop your elbows on the table while conversing between courses).
9. Instead of reaching across the table for something, ask for it to be passed to you.
10. Always say "excuse me" whenever you leave the table.