Greetings from England! As I was considering the topic for this post, I ran across a book in a small store here in the UK. It was titled Etiquette for the Traveler. Of course! There is so much to be mindful of when traveling, especially internationally. Remember the basics and then travel to get some practice!
2. Guard your passport (and any other ID) carefully! The experts say to carry these "on your person," if at all possible.
3. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
4. When traveling alone (and anytime really), walk with confidence. This shows that you know where you are headed and that you know how to take care of yourself. Any signs of fear or confusion can make you vulnerable.
5. Whether traveling by plane, train, boat, or your own two feet, be aware of those around you and respect their space.
6. Be aware that other countries and cultures have different customs and traditions. Phrases might be used completely differently, common words may mean different things, and certain gestures may have entirely different meanings. As ambassadors for Christ, we have to be especially careful of what we say and do.
7. Traveling is great fun! Take lots of photos and enjoy a new place. New places and experiences will broaden your scope on life, you will find that God is much bigger than you thought, and that His creation reaches further than you ever imagined! Bon voyage!