Train, plane, car, or boat? Do you have plans to travel this summer?
Here is some helpful advice to make your trip relaxing and memorable!
1. Pack smart. This doesn't always mean only taking two outfits for a week's trip. Pack clothing items that are interchangeable with outfits. One top can go with two skirts and one pant. Don't overpack, but don't under-pack, either.
2. Leave a little room in your luggage for souvenirs.
3. If you are flying, pack valuables (like pearls or favorite clothing items) in your carry-on, or wear them.
4. Clean out your purse and make it very light.
5. Instead of packing your favorite hat, wear it.
6. Wear traveling clothes that are comfortable, but business casual. Choose clothing that doesn't wrinkle, but is not like you are lounging at home. You never know what may happen along the road, so don't be caught in your pjs and curlers at a nice restaurant... (speaking from experience).
7. An iPad makes traveling lighter and can store books, music, and photos in one place. It also can provide navigation in new places.
8. Avoid buying clothing on your trip like tee-shirts or Hawaiian skirts; if you do, don't overspend. These items may seem like a grand buy at the time, but probably will not work into your wardrobe at home.
9. Take along a bag for dirty clothes.
10. Any cash you don't spend, place in a jar and save it for your next trip!