Curling Our Hair Naturally, Part One
Many people are blessed with hair that is naturally curly. Those of us who have wavy or straight hair often want curly hair for special occasions, or for something different than our everyday style. But curling your hair with heat can damage it and cause dead ends. Here are some wonderful ways to curl your hair without heat and still produce beautiful, stylish curls!
The Braiding Method*
1. Wash and condition your hair.
2. Towel dry and/or air dry for 10-15 minutes.
3. Braid damp hair into pigtails and tie the ends with hair ties.
4. Allow hair to air dry overnight or naturally throughout the day.
5. Remove braids, and gently tousle hair to release the waves.
6. Lightly hairspray waves, optional.
*This method produces waves, not tight curls.
The Pinning Method*
1. Wash and condition hair, combing out any tangles.
2. Allow hair to air dry until almost completely dry.
3. Gather 30-40 bobby pins. (You can apply mousse or styling gel at this point if you desire.)
4. Divide hair into one-inch sections.
5.Hold each section at the end, and wrap the hair around your index finger until you have reached the roots.
6. Gently slide the curl off your finger using your other hand, and slide the bobby pin into place.
7. Continue this process on the rest of your hair using one-inch sections.
8. Cover your hair with a scarf or shower cap to hold the pins in place.
9. Allow hair to dry overnight or throughout the day.
10. Remove bobby pins and gently tousle hair to release curls.
*This method will produce bouncy curls.
"But even the hairs of your head are all numbered," (Matthew 10:30).