Thursday, March 7, 2013

Upcycle of the Week

Instead of spending for the Buy of the Week, what about turning something ordinary around the house into a new free style? It's call upcycling and it's becoming very popular. This week take a look at this project!

Beach Bag


Beach bags are super to have around, not only for the beach, but for shopping days at your local market. Everyone has old plastic bags around the house, and with a little knowledge of how to crochet, you can turn those old bags into a new large tote. Below is how you can create the "yarn" from your plastic bags.





Happy crocheting!

3 comments:

  1. How cool!! That's so neat! My sister and I are trying to learn how to crochet -- that would be awesome to make!

    I have a question: Would it be possible to make this by knitting instead of crocheting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a crazy knitter, let me say... I think so. You'd probably have to use bigger needles, though.

    And yes, this is so cool! I definitely want to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete