Today is Friday, which means that tomorrow is Saturday! Is anyone else excited about the weekend? What a better way to start out your weekend than a quiet time with Jesus and a big, healthy breakfast of waffles (homemade to be exact)!
~ 1 cup corn flour
~ 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
~ 1/2 cup sweet rice flour (or other)
~ 2 teaspoons baking powder
~ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
~ 2 cups almond or rice milk
~ 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
~ 3 Tablespoons ground flax meal
~ 3 Tablespoons oil
~ 1-2 Tablespoons honey or agave
~ 1 teaspoon vanilla
~ 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
3. Lightly mix together until combined. Do not over-mix!
4. Cook waffles on a hot oiled waffle iron.
5. Top waffles with maple syrup, fruit, or peanut butter. The ideas are endless!
Note: To keep waffles warm until ready to eat, place in a single layer on a cookie sheet in a 200 degree oven.