Wednesday, June 12, 2013

When I Think Best

    
So it's a Sunday night and I'm sitting here at my computer. Like usual, I have no idea what to write for my next blog post. Sometimes I'll sit and think by myself for a long time, sometimes only a few minutes. But in the end I always do the same thing: I just lean back, close my eyes, and ask God to give me the words I need to say to encourage the people who will read what I write. Then the words come and I just let them flow from my brain to my fingers until I'm done. Tonight was just the same as it is every time I write a new post -- until I remembered something.
 
 A few weeks ago, in one of my last ninth grade English assignments, I was instructed to write about "when I think best." It took me a minute, but then I realized that I think best when I'm writing to all of you. A lot of the time I'm so consumed in my own thoughts and feelings that I have a hard time letting God lead. But when I write to other girls, I'm humbled in realizing there are so many things in this world that I don't know how to explain, that I need help from Someone who does. Without this extra help, I don't think I could ever write something new every two weeks. It's a funny thing how when I think best, I'm not really thinking hard at all -- I'm just letting God take over, and in a way, it's like He's writing for me.
 
  The next time you have a decision to make, a deadline to meet, or any other predicament you might be facing, just lean back, close your eyes, and let Him lead. I know you might be capable of doing things on your own, but they'll always turn out better if you get a little extra help. It may not always be in the front of your mind, but you've got a God who wants what is best for you, especially if you're willing to let Him work in your life. So here's to a God who, in spite of my own not knowing, can take a whole lot of nothing and turn it into something He can work with.

In the year I've been writing for Silk and Purple, I've been blessed to get to know the amazing young ladies on this blog team. And most importantly, I've learned a lot about myself. I hope that this post inspires you to let God work wonders in your life. Because just like open arms are better for embracing the people you love, an open heart is better for embracing God's will for your life. Think best and be blessed. If you're like me, it can be hard, but in the end it's more than worth it.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment