What is your best friend?
Now, I'm not talking about your best friend in life; I'm talking about the garment you almost always incorporate into your fashion ensemble. You know, that item you feel you must wear to be presentable. It can be practical or frivolous... or both!
My modest style is based on what type of camisole I can put underneath my outfit. It doesn't matter if my dress or blouse has a plunging neckline -- a cami can save the day! Oftentimes a modestly-cut top can be a bit see-through. I wear a cami under just about everything.
- I have three basic colors: black, white, and cream.
- I prefer the kinds that cut straight across with spaghetti straps that I don't have to fidget with.
- I try to buy them a little tighter than what I would normally wear to not run the risk of the cami being bulky underneath my clothing.
- Different materials are essential to go with different outfits -- cotton or jersey for everyday wear, silk or satin for evening.
- I don't wear camis that look like lingerie, i.e., too much lace and flimsy fabric and not enough coverage.
- I adjust straps to best fit me, and sew or pin them in place.
A cami can be a big help to make clothing modest and comfortable. Try one and maybe you'll find a "best friend" in it, too! ;)