I hope that all you lovely ladies are having a wonderful Valentine's Day. Remember, our true love is Jesus Christ, and He will never leave or forsake us!
Below are two recipes that are relatively healthy, but I would only recommend making these treats for special occasions. I have never used either of these recipes, so I do not guarantee that they will be 100% reliable.
Enjoy making a special treat for your wonderful family to show how much you love and appreciate them!
~1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or chunky
~1 cup honey or agave nectar
~1 cup carob powder, sifted
~1/2 cup sesame seeds
~1/3 cup dried, shredded coconut
1. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey. Stir over medium-low heat until melted together. Remove from heat.
2. Gradually add carob powder and sesame seeds to the peanut butter-honey mixture.
3. Let mixture refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and sprinkle shredded coconut over the balls.
5. Store carob balls in the fridge until ready to eat.
~2 cups whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour
~1/3 cup carob powder
~2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
~1/3 cup honey
~1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
~1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1 cup filtered water
~1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, carob powder, and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix remaining ingredients except for nuts.
3. Combine the wet and dry mixtures and mix well, but do not over-mix. Stir in nuts.
4. Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
For His Glory,